Fettuccine in Pink with Peas and Prosciutto
Amore Tomato Paste adds a touch of flavor and rosy color to this rich, cheesy pasta.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Amore Garlic Paste
- 2 tbsp Amore Tomato Paste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 oz sliced prosciutto , cut into thin strips
- 1 lb fresh fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the Amore Tomato and Garlic Pastes and stir well. Whisk in cream and a pinch of salt until smooth. Simmer until thick, about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat. Stir in the prosciutto.
- Bring a large pot of water to boiling. Add the fettuccine and salt to taste. Cook, stirring, until the fettuccine is almost tender. Add the peas and cook one minute more.
- Drain, reserving some of the cooking water. Bring the sauce to a simmer. Add the pasta and peas and toss well. Add a little of the cooking water if dry. Turn off the heat and add the parmesan cheese. Serve hot.