A more convenient way to enjoy the meatball sub. With just a concise list of ingredients, this is an easy, go-to meal that’s always a family favorite.
- 1-1/2 lb ground beef or turkey
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
3 tbsp Amore Garlic Paste, divided
2 tsp Amore Herb Paste, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (28-oz) can Italian peeled tomatoes with their juice, chopped
1/4 cup Amore Tomato Paste
18 small soft rolls or bread, split
- In a large bowl, mix together the meat, eggs, breadcrumbs, 1/3 cup of the parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon Amore Garlic Paste, 1 teaspoon Amore Herb Paste, and salt and pepper to taste. Shape the mixture into 18 balls. In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup of the oil over medium heat. Add the meatballs in batches, and cook, turning them occasionally, until nicely browned. Remove the meatballs to a plate. Wipe out the pan.
- Add the remaining 2 oil to the skillet. Stir in the Amore Tomato Paste and remaining Garlic Paste. Add the tomatoes, and the remaining Amore Herb Paste and salt and pepper to taste. Bring the sauce to a simmer.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Place a meatball in each roll with a little of the sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese and serve hot.