Herbed Tuna, Green Bean, and Potato Salad
This tasty salad is a perfect one-dish meal for lunch or dinner. The dressing is also good tossed with salad greens.
- 1 lb small new potatoes
12 oz green beans, trimmed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Amore Herb Paste
- 1/2 tsp Amore Garlic Paste
black pepper, freshly ground
2 hard cooked eggs, peeled and quartered
2 med tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 (6 oz) can tuna in olive oil, drained.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot with salted water to cover. Simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove the potatoes and let cool.
- Bring the water back to the simmer. Add the beans and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and cool.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, Amore Herb Paste and Garlic Paste, add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and shake until blended.
- Toss the green beans with one third of the dressing and arrange them on a platter.
- Peel and slice the potatoes. Toss the potatoes with one third of the dressing and salt to taste. Place the potatoes on top of the beans.
- Arrange the eggs and tomatoes around the vegetables. Break the tuna into chunks and place on top. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.