Roast Turkey with Herb and Garlic Gravy
Amore Garlic and Herb Pastes make an easy and delicious rub for roast turkey. While the turkey rests, turn the cooking juices into our easy and gluten-free gravy.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Place a rack in a roasting pan large enough to hold the turkey.
- Stir together the oil, 2 tbsp of the Amore Garlic Paste and 1 tbsp of the Herb Paste.
- Remove the neck and giblet package from the turkey cavities. Sprinkle the turkey inside and out with salt and pepper to taste. Rub two thirds of the herb and garlic mixture over the turkey skin. Place the remainder inside the cavity.
- Put the turkey on the rack in the prepared pan. Roast about 12 minutes per pound. About an hour before the turkey is done, add 1 cup of the broth to the pan. Begin basting the turkey with the pan drippings every 20 minutes. Roast until the temperature measures 170F. on an instant read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh. (If the turkey is stuffed, add additional cooking time.)
- Remove the turkey from the oven and tip the bird to drain any accumulated juices into the pan. Transfer the turkey to a platter or cutting board. Cover loosely with foil and keep warm. Let rest 20 to 30 minutes before carving.
- To make the gravy, stir together the cornstarch and 1/4 cup of the remaining 3 cups broth to form a smooth paste. Set it aside.
- Remove the rack from the roasting pan. Tip the pan and spoon off the excess fat. Place the pan over medium heat and add the remaining 2-3/4 cups broth. Cook, scraping the pan to dissolve any browned bits, until simmering.
- Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the pan, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute. Strain the gravy into a bowl. Stir in the remaining Amore Garlic and Herb Paste. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Carve the turkey and serve it with the hot gravy.