Scaloppine in Creamy Tomato Sauce
Though it takes only minutes to prepare, this is perfect for a special occasion.
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb veal scaloppini or chicken cutlets, pounded thin
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
salt and pepper, freshly ground
2 tbsp Amore Tomato Paste
- 1/2 tsp Amore Garlic Paste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a large skillet, heat the butter with the oil over high heat until it begins to melt.
- Lightly dust a few pieces of the meat with the flour and shake off the excess. Place the meat in a single layer in the skillet and brown on both sides, about 2 minutes. Remove the pieces to a plate and keep warm. Continue with the remaining meat.
- Add the Amore Tomato and Garlic Pastes to the skillet. Add the wine and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the cream and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes more. Return the veal to the skillet and turn it in the sauce. Serve hot.