Sausage and Bread Stuffing
Bake this irresistible casserole alongside turkey or chicken for a truly different side dish on the holiday table. Amore Chili Pepper Paste adds extra bold spice to this dish.
- butter for the pan
2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 lb Italian style turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup Amore Tomato Paste
2 tsp Amore Garlic Paste
1/2 tsp Amore Herb Paste
1/2 tsp Amore Chili Pepper Paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (8-oz) loaf Italian or French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 6 cups).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and celery and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in sausage, stirring often to break up the lumps, until lightly browned, about 10 minutes more.
- Whisk together the broth, and Amore Tomato, Garlic and Herb Pastes add the mixture into skillet. Bring the liquid to a simmer and cook 5 minutes.
- Toss in the bread cubes and pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake until the top is crunchy and golden brown, about 45 minutes. Serve hot.