Sicilian Grilled Chicken
Sicilian style pesto made with tomato paste tastes great on chicken, fish or pasta. This chicken is good hot or cold, so it’s great to take to a picnic.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup almonds
1 tbsp Amore Garlic Paste
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tbsp Amore Sun-Dried Tomato
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- In a food processor or blender, combine and chop the almonds, Amore Garlic Paste, basil, and salt and pepper to taste. Add the tomatoes, parmesan cheese, Amore Sun-Dried Tomato Paste, water, and oil and process until finely chopped.
- Heat a barbecue grill or grill pan. Brush with oil. Salt and pepper the chicken and place on the grill. Cook 4 minutes or until nicely browned. Turn the chicken and cook 3 to 4 minutes longer or until just cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter. Spoon on the prepared sauce. Serve hot or at room temperature.