Slow Cooker Garbanzo And Vegetable Stew
Slow cooked chickpeas and vegetables make a perfect vegetarian main course stew served over pasta, rice, or couscous. It is also a good side dish for pork chops or chicken.
- 2 (16-ounces) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups baby cut carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed
1/4 cup Amore Tomato Paste
1 tbsp Amore Garlic Paste
- 1 cup water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 oz baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large slow cooker, combine the chickpeas, carrots, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, and onions. Stir together the Amore Tomato and Amore Garlic Pastes, the salt and pepper and the water. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving, stir in the spinach. Serve hot sprinkled with the cheese.
- *To cook on the stove top, combine the ingredients except for the spinach and cheese in a large pot. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, on low heat 1-1/2 hours or until the carrots and potatoes are tender. Add more water if needed. Add the spinach and cook 5 minutes more. Serve with cheese.