Spaghetti with Spicy Shrimp
A pinch of crushed red pepper enlivens this spaghetti with shrimp sauce. Serve it with a green salad and Italian bread.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup Amore Tomato Paste
2 tbsp Amore Garlic Paste
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp , cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lb spaghetti or linguine pasta
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the Amore Tomato and Garlic Pastes and crushed red pepper. Stir well.
- Add the wine and bring to a simmer. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the shrimp and a pinch of salt. Cook 5 minutes or until cooked through. Turn off the heat.
- Bring a large pot of water to boiling. Add the spaghetti and salt to taste. Cook, stirring often, until the pasta is tender. Drain the pasta, reserving some of the cooking water. Toss the pasta with the sauce.
- If it seems dry, add a little of the reserved cooking water. Serve hot.