Pizzaiola means in the style of a pizza maker because these tender beef steaks are simmered in a spicy tomato sauce. Serve the steaks with noodles and green beans.
- Heat the oil over medium heat, in a large skillet.
- Pat the steaks dry. Cook until browned on both sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove the meat to a platter.
- Add the Amore Garlic Paste to the pan and cook 1 minute. Blend in the Amore Tomato Paste.
- Stir in the wine, water, oregano, crushed red pepper, and salt to taste. Bring the sauce to a simmer. Cook 10 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
- Slice steaks and return to the sauce. Cook briefly, turning the steaks, until they are warmed and cooked to taste.
- Serve hot, with noodles and green beans if desired. Garnish with oregano.