Mac & Cheese
A new twist on an old family favorite. Easy to prepare, Amore’s Sun-Dried Tomato Paste adds an authentic and exciting taste.
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
1-1/4 cups grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups milk
1/4 cup Amore Sun-Dried Tomato
1 tsp Amore Garlic Paste
- pinch of cayenne pepper
2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions , finely chopped
- 8 oz small elbow macaroni pasta
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese and the breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, and Amore Sun-Dried Tomato and Garlic Pastes and cayenne. Add the cheddar, the remaining parmesan and the green onions.
- Cook the macaroni in a large pot of boiling salted water until firm yet tender to the bite. Drain well.
- Add the macaroni to the cheese mixture and stir well. Spoon the mixture into a buttered 8-inch square baking dish and smooth the top. Sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes or until bubbling and the top is lightly browned. Serve hot.