An easy pizza topping on toasted bread makes a perfect party appetizer, quick snack, or light lunch everybody will love.
- 8 1/2-inch thick slices Italian bread
3 tbsp Amore Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Amore Garlic Paste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 8 thin slices smoked or fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 basil leaves
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place the bread slices on a baking sheet. Toast the bread 5 minutes.
- Stir together the Amore Tomato and Garlic Pastes, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper to taste, in a small bowl.
- Stack the basil leaves and cut them crosswise into narrow ribbons.
- Spread the sauce on the toasted bread. Top each with a piece of cheese and a sprinkling of basil.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake 5 to 7 minutes, or until the cheese is slightly melted. Serve immediately.