Penne with Pesto, Green Beans and Goat Cheese
Soft, fresh goat cheese gives a creamy consistency to this classic pasta from Liguria in Northern Italy.
- 12 oz green beans, cut into 1-inch lengths
1/3 cup Amore Pesto Paste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz soft, fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, freshly ground
- Bring at least 4 quarts of water to boiling in a large pot.
- Whisk together the Amore Pesto Paste and olive oil, in a large serving bowl. Stir in the goat cheese.
- Add the penne, green beans, and salt to taste to the boiling water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender yet still firm to the bite.
- Scoop out 1/2 cup of the cooking water and set it aside.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the bowl with the sauce. Toss well, adding some of the hot pasta water as needed to thin the sauce.
- Add the parmesan cheese and black pepper to taste. Toss again. Serve hot.