Pasta with Herbed Fresh Tomato Sauce
If you think pasta sauce takes a lot of time to make, try this. The sauce is not cooked, so it is perfect for a warm weather meal or a buffet.
- 3 med tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 tbsp Amore Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Amore Herb Paste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, freshly ground
- 1 lb pasta shells or orecchiette
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Put the tomatoes, roasted peppers, olives, and Amore Garlic and Herb Pastes in a large serving bowl. Add the oil and stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring a large pot of water to boiling. Add the pasta and salt to taste. Stir well. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender. Drain and toss it with the sauce. Scatter the mozzarella on top and toss well. Serve warm.