Penne Alla Vodka
Making this classic restaurant favorite at home is a snap. For a romantic dinner for two, this simple recipe can easily be halved.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots or onions
3 tbsp Amore Tomato Paste
- crushed red pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 lb penne or other short pasta tubes
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter over medium low heat in a skillet large enough to hold all the pasta.
- Add the shallots and cook until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add the Amore Tomato Paste and crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring, 1 minute or until blended.
- Add the heavy cream and vodka and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Meanwhile, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add the pasta and salt to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until the pasta is firm yet tender to the bite.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet with the sauce. Add the parmesan cheese and toss well. Serve hot.