Roman Bean and Pasta Soup
Instead of grated cheese, this hearty Roman-style bean soup gets an unusual finishing touch of with a swirl of Amore Pesto Paste.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
2 tbsp Amore Tomato Paste
2 tbsp Amore Garlic Paste
- 2 cans (15.5 oz each) cannellini or Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup elbow macaroni pasta
2 tsp Amore Pesto Paste
Cook the onion in the olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes, in a large saucepan. Stir in the celery and cook 5 minutes more.
Add the Amore Tomato and Garlic Pastes, beans, broth, and water. Bring the soup to a simmer and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and mashing the beans with the back of the spoon. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add the pasta and cook 8 to 10 minutes more or until the pasta is tender. Stir in Amore Pesto Paste, if using. Serve hot.