Turkey Bolognese with Fettuccine
Ground turkey is the perfect choice as a replacement to veal or beef usually used to make this rich pasta sauce.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 med carrots, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- salt and pepper, freshly ground
1 (4.5-oz) tube Amore Tomato Paste
2 tsp Amore Garlic Paste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
1 tsp Amore Herb Paste
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb fettuccine or other pasta
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter with 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots and celery, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Add the turkey and cook, stirring often to break up the lumps, until the juices evaporate, and the meat is lightly browned. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat 4-6 quarts of water to a boil. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and salt to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until the pasta is al dente, tender yet firm to the bite. Drain the pasta, reserving some of the cooking water.
- Stir in the Amore Tomato and Garlic Pastes to the saucepan. Add the broth and water. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add some reserved pasta water if the sauce is too thick. Stir in the Amore Herb Paste and cream.
- Drain and toss the pasta with the sauce and cheese. Serve hot.