Turkey Pot Pie
Visually pleasing and incredibly flavorful, this
recipe is a great twist to a traditional pot pie, and ideal for using leftover
- 2 tbsp, plus 1 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp Amore Garlic Paste
- 1 med red onion, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 ea red bell pepper, ½” dice
2 tbsp Amore Tomato Paste 2 tbsp
1 tbsp Amore Chili Pepper Paste
- 1 can (15.5 oz) diced fire roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 lb turkey, cooked & diced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp sage , ground
- 1/2 tsp thyme, ground
1 pkg refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- grated parmesan cheese
- In a 12” sauté pan heat 2 tbsp olive oil and add Amore Garlic Paste, onion, mushrooms, and bell pepper, cook until pepper is tender 1-2 MINUTES. Stir in Amore Tomato, Chili Pepper Pastes and diced tomatoes, another 1-2 minutes or until simmering. Add cooked turkey, salt, sage, thyme, simmer, cover and remove from heat.
- Cut unrolled pizza crust in half lengthwise; then slice each dough half crosswise into 12 half-moons (creating 24 half-moons). Smooth out turkey mixture in pan and sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese. Add pizza crust moons in a circular pattern spacing about ¾” apart. Brush with remaining olive oil.
- Bake uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Carefully remove skillet from oven. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.