Amore Tomato, Garlic and Herb Pastes turn leftover turkey into an unusual main dish risotto.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
1/4 cup Amore Tomato Paste
1 tbsp Amore Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Amore Herb Paste
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups arborio or other short grain rice
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1/2 med red bell pepper, cut into small dice
- 1/2 med green bell pepper, cut into small dice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the chicken broth and water to a simmer and whisk in the Amore Tomato, Garlic and Herb Pastes. Keep the mixture warm.
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tbsp butter with the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the rice for 1 minute.
- Add 1/2 cup of the hot broth mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, until the liquid evaporates. Continue adding liquid 1/2 cup at a time stirring after each addition. When about half of the liquid has been used, stir in the turkey, bell peppers and salt and pepper to taste. Add more liquid and continue cooking and stirring until the rice is al dente, tender yet firm to the bite. If you run out of liquid, add hot water.
- Stir in the remaining butter and the parmesan cheese. Serve hot.